Pages

August 20, 2013

DISCOVERING YOURSELF: A LIFELONG PROCESS

Being in a new environment can be incredibly uncomfortable, but it's so necessary to put myself in these situations. It's forced me to test my limits and really see what I'm made up of. Perhaps I'll never fully understand myself, but in a situation where the most familiar thing is me, I think I'll find patterns that have been there all along. I'll become a more consistent person- more me... I hope.

Many times I've ignored my essence, trying to alter my likes and dislikes. I've finally gained a liking for fish, an openness towards new music, and have become more accepting of others' differences. But in terms of my goals and aspirations, many things have remained rooted, unchanged. For example, I like working with people, I like being challenged, I love expanding my cultural and artistic horizons, and I LOVE being around nature... I feel pleasure after I complete a math problem, watching (and understanding parts of) French films without subtitles, finishing a good book, or even beating my running time. And I love listening to someone else's story or their point of view on a controversial topic. There's a part of me that's always questioning, that's never satisfied...

It's kind of fun learning new things about myself... my vulnerabilities, even.

And I probably sound like the boringest most serious person ever. Wellll... I laughed like five minutes ago over this, this, and this. And I've probably laughed like at least half of these. LOLOLOLO

Right.


No comments:

Post a Comment